Thursday, February 16, 2012

How do i connect my Macbook Pro to my 50in Samsung Plasma?

I have a 50in Samsung Plasma (PN50A650T1FXZA). I just got a new MacBook Pro and I wanted to connect it to my tv. I tried to use Dvi to VGA adaptor, but my tv still wont recognize it. Does my tv not support Mac? I know all my cable are good, because I can connect to other displays. Any suggestions?|||Sounds to me like you are trying to daisychain a DVI-to-VGA adapter onto a Macbook Pro miniDisplayPort-to-DVI adapter.





That will NEVER work. You can't daisychain those adapters, because the miniDisplayPort-to-DVI adapter does NOT pass through an analog VGA signal.





You should use a DVI-to-HDMI cable to connect that adapter to your HDTV's HDMI port. That will work, because DVI and HDMI both use the same digital TMDS video signal.

No comments:

Post a Comment