Friday, February 10, 2012

Why can't I connect the speakers of my SONY home theatre to the Samsung TV using a HD MI cable?

I have connected my SONY home theatre to the Samsung TV using a HD MI cable. When I am playing DVD, I can get the sound output from the home theatre speakers but when I am on TV, the sound from the home theatre speakers is lost. How do I get it back?|||Did you buy a inexpensive $299 "system"? These things are glorified DVD players with cheap attached speakers. They play the sound from the DVD player fine, but usually do not have spare inputs.





(sigh)



Look on the back of your 'system'. Does it have a spare optical input? If so - run an optical cable from your TV output to the input on the 'system'.



If the 'system' only has red/white RCA plugs - this is stereo and most TV's cannot send sound to these.|||The audio outputs coming from the tv have to be connected to the home theater system. It sounds like you have hdmi running from your dvd player or w/e to your tv. This sends the sound/video from your dvd player to the tv. but the tv's sound actually has to come from the outputs on the tv, usually in the from of an optical cable or RCA (Red/White) cables. and u have to run those from the TV to the receiver of the home theater system
  • professor layton
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment