Tuesday, February 7, 2012

How do I hook my playstation2 to my Samsung TV?

I have a brand new HD flat screen plasma Samsung tv that I am trying to hook my playstation up to. However, I have tried hooking the playstation into every slot on the back of the TV and the cable box with no luck. The cable that I am using is the the single cable that is attatched to the back of the playstation2. There is no red, yellow, white cables. Any ideas of what I can do?|||First off, you shouldn't need to connect anything to the cable box. Second off everyone is correct that your Playstation 2 should of came with a Red, Yellow, White AV cable as standard. If for some reason you have a single RF coaxial cable setup (kind of wire you have to twist on) then there should be a single connector for that on the back of most TV's still. I think they still use channel 3 for that as well... connect the cable, turn on the PS2 and TV, and change the PS2 to channel 3.





Otherwise, could you please describe this single cable your talking about more? Also, if you want to give the model# of your TV too, I/we could give an even more specific answer.





Also, you do mean PS2 not PS3 right? In that case it could be an HDMI cable.|||Okay, you're going to have to be more specific on "single cable attached to the back of the PS2." As far as I know, there is no cable permanently attached. There is the AVmultiout (the red/yellow/white cable), the power cord, and an optical out. Are you trying to use an optical cable, a weird AV multiout that does Svideo, or an RF cable?





In any case, the PS2 would plug into your TV. Turn it on, and cycle through the source inputs on the left side.





How did you have it hooked up to your old TV? It'll connect in the same way, then you just have to find the correct input channel on the TV. If you use an RF connection (it looks like a coax cable that your cable tv uses), your TV will have to be on channel 3 or 4 probably.





The back of your TV has each input labeled, so it will be easier to flip to that input.|||You are using the RFU converter plug that is sold seperately. PS2 comes with RCA cables standard. That's what you would use. Look for them, it came with your PS2, or you may need to buy a new cord if you cannot find it.

No comments:

Post a Comment